Brakes Check and Replacement
Here at LTS we offer a FREE Brakes Check for your peace of mind If you are worried that your brakes are not performing as they should be, or would simply like them checked before embarking on a long trip, pop down to LTS (Banbury) and our expert technicians will carry out a FREE brake inspection. If, after the inspection we recommend that work does need to be carried out, our technicians will discuss this with you and give you a quote for any work which is required.
How do I Know When my Brakes Need an Expert Inspection?
• Your Brake Indicator Light turns on the dashboard
• You can hear squeaking or high pitch squealing noises coming from your brakes. This is the first sign that it’s time to replace your brake pads if this becomes persistent
• If you hear a dull grinding of metal
• Vibrating brake pedal
• Your brake pads are less than ¼ Inch thick
• If your brake pedal feels a bit soft and ‘spongy’ and the brakes seem unresponsive. This is a sign that air has got into the brake lines and is stopping the brake fluid from flowing through this system properly
• If your brake pedal feels limp and it goes all the way to the floor, this indicates a serious braking system fault which you should have inspected immediately
When Should I Replace My Brakes?
The way we all drive and where we drive have a huge influence on how often your brakes need servicing.
For instance a set of brake pads could last up to 60,000 miles or more on a car that is mainly driven on a motorway. However, the brakes on the same car driven mainly in busy town centres may last only 25,000 miles or less due to the requirements of braking more frequently.
Front brakes usually wear out before rear brakes because they handle a higher percentage of the braking load, especially with front wheel drive vehicles.
For peace of mind, call in to LTS (Banbury) for your FREE Brakes Check – no obligation – what have you got to lose?
Have a look through our media gallery of images and video.
Find out about our tyre service in Banbury, Warwickshire
Find out about our tyre service in Gaydon, Warwickshire
GET YOUR TYRE QUOTE
Complete our online form and we'll be in touch right away
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
We keep our readers the best informed: